- This event has passed.
Rainwater Harvesting 101 class
January 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us in learning the basics of rainwater collection and how to DIY a system with AgriLife Specialist John Smith from Texas A&M Soil and Crop Sciences! Attendees will:
- Discuss design options and learn about the necessary components for a successful rainwater collection system
- Different ways to use rainwater and the benefits of using rainwater as an alternative water source
- How to calculate size and storage needs to meet usage goals
- Hands-on learning approach with demonstrations and examples that include a tour of the District’s wet and dry rainwater harvesting systems
- Rainwater as an alternative water source and method of conservation – by reducing demands on existing water supplies like our aquifers and wells, reducing run-off/erosion, and preventing contamination of surface water.
- Completion of this course meets one of the eligibility requirements of the Post Oak Savannah GCD Rainwater Harvesting Rebate program. View the grant program guidelines – here.
Due to high attendance, this class has a limited number of seats available. Don’t forget to register to reserve your seat and please let us know if you need to cancel in advance. Thank you!
*This program is free to attend, with refreshments and all materials provided.*
Registration for this class is now closed. Check the website for upcoming programs and workshops.