POSITION: Water Resource Management Specialist- Milano, TX
Salary $60,000-80,000, Commensurate with Experience; Insurance and retirement
Submit resumes to email@example.com, POSGCD PO Box 92, Milano, TX 76556
Resumes will be accepted through 3:00 pm, December 9, 2022 or until position is filled.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Water Resource Management Specialist reports to the General Manager and is responsible for oversight of all technical information and data services of the Post Oak Savannah Groundwater Conservation District. This includes Database Management and GIS services and includes collaborating with technical staff to manage data collected in the field. This position is also responsible for analyzing data and making recommendations for District programs, including but not limited to, Groundwater Well Assistance Program, Aquifer Conservancy Program, and the District’s Well Monitoring Network.
- Responsible for oversight of District database, including but not limited to, data entry, data queries, data clean-up, and contact with developer.
- Responsible for tracking all water well data and managing permitting and registration information and tracking County wide groundwater data in specialized GIS software.
- Compile and record data from monitoring wells with telemetry services and enter into District database.
- Work closely with District consultants to provide data updates for Desired Future Conditions and Protective Drawdown Limits compliance
- Analyzing District data in order to make recommendations for Well Assistance Program
- Assist in the education of the public on the purpose and mission of the District and the physical nature of groundwater and the aquifers of the District.
- All other job duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in water resources-related field, including engineering, hydrology, geology or environmental sciences dealing with groundwater and hydrology preferred.
- One to two years of work experience with Geographic Information System or relational database
- Relevant education and experience can be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in scientific data collection, organization of data, and data analysis.
- Training and/or experience with GPS and GIS technologies.
- Experience working with governmental entities in water resources or related field a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of aquifer behavior and characteristics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS software
- Knowledge of scientific processes including data collection, organizing data, and data analysis.
- Knowledge of water well construction and operations.
- Knowledge of State of Texas groundwater laws.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python a plus
- Remain flexible in a changing work environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Organized with a strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Texas Drivers License required
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Work is primarily sedentary.
- Requires hours seated conducting repetitive motion and typing at a computer.
- May require some lifting, carrying, and/or maneuvering of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing routine office duties.
- Occasional extended hours for after hour District functions.
- Occasional field work