Find out what size Rainwater Harvest System you need. Below are two calculators for you to download.
Simply click on the two links below to download your FREE Rainwater Harvest System calculators provided
by Texas A&M AgriLife and Texas Water Development Board
Rainwater harvesting is the capture, diversion and storage of rainwater for later use. The District offers a rainwater harvesting rebate to encourage conservation of groundwater through the capture and use of rainwater.
- to encourage rainwater harvesting to promote water conservation within the District,
- to promote and adopt Best Management Practices maximizing the effectiveness of integrated rainwater harvesting systems, and
- to offer workshops on rainwater harvesting.
For every square foot of a collection surface, you can get about 0.6 gallons of water for every 1″ of rainfall. In other words, every 2,000 square feet of collection surface generates 1,200 gallons of water. Harvesting rainwater reduces dependency on groundwater in landscapes, improves soil and plants with higher water quality, and reduces on-site flooding and pollution from stormwater.
Reminder! To qualify for the rebate, you must complete a Rainwater Harvesting 101 course first.
Check back here for our next Rainwater Harvest Class, coming soon.
Program Details And Qualifications
- Applicant must be a resident or landowner in the District
- The rainwater harvesting system must be installed within the District
- Applicants must complete an approved Rainwater Harvesting 101 course to qualify for the reimbursement
- Only one application per household can be filed every 12 months
- A maximum of no more than $3,000.00 can be awarded per household per lifetime
- Reimbursements are limited to $1.00 per gallon of rainwater storage of the completed system (the per gallon capacity rebate amount includes tank, gutter, tank foundation, overflow and miscellaneous materials needed to create the system)
- Site plans must be approved before expenses may be considered for the program
- A completion inspection by qualified staff must be completed and filed along with qualifying receipts for reimbursement
- Qualifying applicants may be eligible for short-term financial assistance in purchasing tanks
October 9, 2018 — Rainwater Harvesting 101
July 27, 2018 — Rainwater Harvesting 101
April 12, 2018 — Rainwater Harvesting 101
March 2, 2018 — Landscape & Irrigation Workshop
December 2, 2017 — Rainwater Harvesting 101
November 6, 2017 — Earth-Kind Water Conservation
- Earth-Kind Water Conservation Presentation – Part One
- Earth-Kind Water Conservation Presentation – Part Two
October 10, 2017 — Rainwater Harvesting 101