Rainwater harvesting is the capture, diversion, and storage of rainwater for later use. The District offers a rainwater harvesting rebate to encourage this method of water conservation.
Rainwater Harvesting 101 & Turf Management • Fri, Mar. 6th • 10AM – 2:30 PM
Landscapable: Planning an Easy, Water-Efficient Landscape • Sat, Apr. 25th • 9AM
If you have questions about upcoming workshops, contact Program Assistant Jaclyn Robertson by phone (512) 409-7028 or email at email@example.com.
Rainwater Harvesting Rebate Program
Post Oak Savannah GCD offers a rainwater harvesting rebate to promote and encourage collection as a water conservation method. Rainwater harvesting can help reduce peak season pumping demands on our aquifers in the summer months, reduce stormwater runoff, and provide an alternative water supply source that in turn improve water quality and reduce erosion.
For every 1 inch of rainfall 0.6 gallons can be collected for each square foot of collection surface. For example, (2,000 sq. ft. roof) x (0.6 gallons) = 1,200 gallons harvested per 1 inch of rainfall.
Program Details & Qualifications
- Applicants must reside or own land within the District (Burleson or Milam County).
- Applicants must complete an approved Rainwater Harvesting 101 course to qualify for reimbursement.
- Only one application per-household can be filed within a 12 month period with a lifetime reimbursement maximum of $3,000.
- Reimbursements are limited to $1.00 per gallon of rainwater storage capacity of the completed system; this includes tank, gutter, tank foundation, overflow, and other misc. materials needed to create the system.
- Site plans must be approved by District staff before the purchase of reimbursable rainwater equipment and inspected following installation.
- Short-term financial assistance may be available for qualifying applicants. Contact the office for details.
Application Form & Guidelines
Rainwater Harvesting Calculators
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) and Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service both provide rainwater harvesting calculators available for download in the links below. Use these calculators to help determine what size harvesting system will best suit your needs.
Previous Presentations & Materials
Printable pdf versions of presentations made in previous programs can be viewed by clicking the links below.
Irrigation for Rainwater Harvesting Presentation •
Feb 22, 2020
Landscape & Irrigation Workshop
March 2, 2018
Rainwater Harvesting 101
December 2, 2017 – Present
Earth-Kind Lanscaping for Water Conservation
November 6, 2016
Rebate Program Presentation – Rainwater Harvesting 101
October 10, 2017
Irrigation Alternatives using Rainwater Harvesting
Rainwater Harvesting 101 – Rockdale Library
For questions about workshops, contact Jaclyn Robertson by phone (512) 409-7028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.