Post Oak Savannah Groundwater Conservation District
POSITION: Permitting and Compliance Officer
COMPENSATION: Salary Range $50,000-55,000, Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Insurance and retirement
We will accept applications until Nov. 5 or until the position is filled after that date.
Resumes may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by US Mail to PO Box 92, Milano, TX 76556, or may be delivered in person to the District Office at 310 East Ave. C (Highway 79), Milano, TX.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Permitting and Compliance Officer reports directly to the General Manager. This position oversees well registration and permitting application, approval, and issuance processes to ensure proper permitting and documentation of groundwater use as well as verifying accuracy of well permits and reporting, communicating with well registrants on reporting and compliance issues, and verifying and enhancing the District’s well permit database.
- Responsible for receiving, evaluation, and assimilation of all aspects of reporting of production from District Permittees
- Responsible for assessment of compliance of all permit requirements of Permittees
- Responsible for oversight and supervision of permitting including moderate to substantial complex permitting work.
- Manages the permit holder monthly production reporting online system, and site visits as needed with monthly accounting of permit production reports while monitoring said permit limits.
- Communicating with well permit holders on compliance issues when needed.
- Assists General Manager in interfacing with state and local agencies as necessary.
- Assists General Manager with development of appropriate budget items.
- Communicating with District Staff and Consultants to coordinate effective reporting to Board on pertinent information.
- Assist management coordinating efforts of consultants on technical studies pertinent to the determination of the effectiveness of the District’s Rules as it relates to the District’s overall mission.
- Assisting management overseeing and reporting on progress of consultant activities; assisting in presentations and communications with local water utilities on District activities.
- Assisting the General Manager in interfacing with state and local agencies engaged in the groundwater industry in the state.
- Assist in the overall compliance with the District’s adopted Groundwater Management Plan
- Prepare pertinent documentation in advance of and following scheduled board meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in water resources-related field, including engineering, hydrology, geology or environmental sciences dealing with groundwater and hydrology preferred.
- One to two years of work experience with Geographic Information System or relational database
- Relevant education and experience can be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Excel and/or Access.
- Functional working knowledge of hydrogeology.
- Addressing, parcel mapping, water and wastewater collection and distribution systems.
- Skills in organizational, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in writing and preparing reports.
- Strong communications skills required, both written and verbal.
- Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
- Perform other essential or marginal functions as necessary.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass all testing and screening requirements established at time of application.
Sitting at a desk using a desktop computer for extended periods of time
Bend, lift (up to 50 lbs.) climb, walk in both indoor and outdoor working environment