Rainwater Harvesting 101 class
May 2 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Learn the basics of rainwater collection and how to DIY a system with AgriLife Specialist John Smith from Texas A&M Soil and Crop Sciences! Attendees will:
- Discuss design options and learn about the necessary components for a successful system
- Different uses of rainwater
- How to calculate size and storage needs to meet usage goals
- Demonstrations, examples, and a tour of the District’s wet and dry rainwater systems
- Rainwater as an alternative water source and a method of conservation – by reducing demands on existing water supplies like our aquifers and wells, reducing run-off/erosion, and preventing contamination of surface water
- Completion of this course meets one of the eligibility requirements of the Post Oak Savannah GCD Rainwater Harvesting Rebate program. View the grant program guidelines – here.
Due to high attendance, this class has a limited number of seats available. Don’t forget to register to reserve your seat and please let us know if you need to cancel in advance. Thank you!