4th Grade – WaterWise:
- Post Oak Savannah GCD sponsors the WaterWise Program by donating the WaterWise Packet to any 4th grade class within the District. Resource Action will send your school a notice. Reply back with the number of 4th grade students you have, and the packets will be mailed to your school. If you have any questions, contact the District office for assistance.
7th Grade – Water Education Presentation:
- Contact the District to set up a time for us to come to your school
- Water Education Program will cover TEKS for groundwater and surface water
- Satisfies TEKS requirement (7.8) Earth and space. The student knows that natural events and human activity can impact Earth systems. The student is expected to (C) model the effects of human activity on groundwater and surface water in a watershed.
- The District provides community services and educational presentations to the citizens of the District concerning groundwater and conservation
- Contact the office if you would like to learn more and schedule a presentation
- Annual Milam & Burleson Counties Groundwater Summit
- Groundwater Conservation Courses
- Printed Publications
- POSGCD Grant Program
- TWDB Agriculture Conservation Grant Program
- An introductory guide to groundwater terms
- Water Conservation Tips here and here
- Water Facts
- For more information on general educational tools, please visit the Texas Water Development Board educational page.
Water Utility Workshop:
During years when District revenues are sufficient, the District will consider sponsoring the attendance of students and/or teachers at summer camps/seminars that place emphasis on the conservation of groundwater, rainwater harvesting, brush control, groundwater recharge enhancement, conjunctive use, precipitation enhancement of water resources, or a combination of such groundwater management programs. Grant Packets will be on the website when available.