Ask Me Anything
“Ask Me Anything” is an open session with a member of our Staff, Board Member or other water-related specialists that’s meant to be a casual and easy way to share or ask questions openly. Questions can be as simple as how to use our website, how to apply for a Rainwater Harvesting grant, or something more specific about your well or where your water comes from – we’re here for it! Like us on Facebook or join our email list for schedule and more information.
Next Session: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – Doug Box – Answer your questions about the website, Aquifer Conservancy Program (ACP), the District Summit, and all things outreach and education.
New Conservation and Education Apps
POSGCD is announcing the addition of Water Conservation and Water Education apps for you to enjoy on your smart phones. Working in conjunction with Groundwater Guardian and the Groundwater Foundation, we are able to bring you Water1der and 30 by 30 apps for Free.
By using the Free 30 by 30 app you can reduce your water usage for 30 days by 30 gallons. Available on Apple App Store and on Google Play.
The Water1der app is a Free Groundwater Trivia game app that will help you increase your Water Awareness. Available on Apple App Store.
4th Grade – WaterWise:
- Post Oak Savannah GCD sponsors the WaterWise Program by donating the WaterWise Packet to any 4th grade class within the District. Resource Action will send your school a notice. Reply back with the number of 4th grade students you have, and the packets will be mailed to your school. If you have any questions, contact the District office for assistance.
7th Grade – Water Education Presentation:
- Contact the District to set up a time for us to come to your school
- Water Education Program will cover TEKS for groundwater and surface water
- Satisfies TEKS requirement (7.8) Earth and space. The student knows that natural events and human activity can impact Earth systems. The student is expected to (C) model the effects of human activity on groundwater and surface water in a watershed.
- The District provides community services and educational presentations to the citizens of the District concerning groundwater and conservation
- Contact the office if you would like to learn more and schedule a presentation
- Annual Milam & Burleson Counties Groundwater Summit
- Groundwater Conservation Courses
- Printed Publications
- POSGCD Grant Program
- TWDB Agriculture Conservation Grant Program
- Caldwell Rotary Club Presentation 2.12.19
- Cameron Rotary Club Presentation 2.13.19
- Milam County Commissioners Court Presentation
- Master Naturalists Programs
- An introductory guide to groundwater terms
- Water Conservation Tips here and here
- Water Facts
- For more information on general educational tools, please visit the Texas Water Development Board educational page.
Water Utility Workshop:
During years when District revenues are sufficient, the District will consider sponsoring the attendance of students and/or teachers at summer camps/seminars that place emphasis on the conservation of groundwater, rainwater harvesting, brush control, groundwater recharge enhancement, conjunctive use, precipitation enhancement of water resources, or a combination of such groundwater management programs. Grant Packets will be on the website when available.